Sunday 27 May 2012

First Photo!

Stephen was thoughtful enough, despite all that was going on, to text the first photo he took of Holly. Because we have old phones we couldn't receive this...but could view it once on the T-Mobile web site. I managed, somehow, to save this precious picture!

We have our copy in a frame & I have given one to Stephen, he was pleased with it. I have taken a few photos since, not as many as I'd like to, but I didn't want to risk a flash when Holly was sleeping! Those times of rest for Mummy & Daddy are very important. We popped round today, Sunday 27th May, but the house was all locked up. We presumed that they were all resting so we didn't knock.

I've just sent Charlotte a text asking how things are...no answer yet. I've dug out the oldest digital camera we have, I'm going to leave it for Stephen to use whenever he can. It's not until many years later we realised that we hadn't taken enough photos of the girls...especially Charlotte. We didn't have a camera at the time & I had borrowed my mum's. Today you would just go out & buy one, way back then cameras were something you got as a present! Times have changed SO much...imagine, your own phone, without a wire...on the labour ward!!!

When I had Paula in 1974 some Dad's were attending their children's births. By 1979 when I gave birth to Charlotte it was much more common. Albert didn't choose to be there. He doesn't even like watching animals being born on the TV! Part of me wishes he had been there, another part completely understands his reasons not to be, & the old fashioned idea that it's a woman's place...


Back to Holly! Charlotte has just texted. The mid wife has been, her stitches are out & Holly now weighs 8lbs, which is good. At first we thought she weighed 8lbs 9ozs, but as they give the weight in metric we had to translate! So, she was between 8lbs 5ozs & 8lbs 6ozs...time for the first photo I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment