Sunday 13 May 2012

2012...The Start!

The title of my blog refers to my outlook on this year. On 3rd January my youngest daughter told me she was expecting a baby! This is something I never thought I would hear! My husband & I were ecstatic! To make it even better, the baby was due in May; we only had four months to wait...WOW!!! So, I rush out & start buying things I'd always avoided when shopping, why look when it just tugs at your heart?

Also in January I had my first appointment with my new psychiatrist. For years, longer than I care to remember, I had suffered with depression & anxiety. I have seen many doctors about my illness, but this one seemed to understand me more than I did myself! She looked at my meds...& made some adjustments. She wanted to see me again in 6 weeks! Now that is quick for a revisit to a psych! When I returned she prescribed me another drug. I had to increase it over the next three weeks then stay on than dose until I saw her in May. I went to see her last week. I think she could tell as soon as I entered her room that there was an improvement, I know I had felt one. My anxiety was much more under control & my depression not as severe.

I'm now due to go for cognitive behaviour therapy in a couple of weeks. By then my Granddaughter, ( yes it's a girl!) will be here. I also have an appointment at a pain clinic for my back problems. So...2012 has been a start! A start of a new chapter in my life. One of improved health & the gift of a precious child! It's been a good year...so far!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment